Writing, Editing and Creative Support for therapists
After 20+ years of working as a DC psychotherapist, writer and community builder, I know how hard you work and how much you care. I also realize that many therapists don’t have the time or interest to market, write website copy or come up with creative ways to envision social media.
This is where I come in
During this challenging time, many of us have had to work differently by reinventing and reimagining ourselves as clinicians who work online. This has been harder for some of us than others. Conveying how we can help shouldn’t have to be a challenge.
Let’s connect so I can learn about you and your practice
Writing is fun for me! Allow me to write and/or share text to reflect who you are and what you offer. Below are just a few of the many options we can explore together:
- Create, Update and Write text for your website
- Write one or a few website pages for you
- Write a profile for Psychology Today/other similar sites
- Edit/offer feedback what you have already written
- Brainstorm a creative approach to social media
More about Jen and writing: Always a dreamy kid, I made up stories in my head and read (still do) non-stop. Later, I majored in creative writing and journalism in college, I then went on to work as a writer, copy editor and editor for several DC-area associations and newsletters. After grad school, I volunteered for many years as editor of The Greater Washington Society for Social Workers newsletter, News and Views. While I was building my private practice, I also wrote for The Washington Post, On Parenting blog.
Contact me to learn more about my writing services and how we can collaborate!
Counseling and Coaching for Therapists
Are you a therapist in need of support? As a clinician myself, I know first-hand how much energy it takes to work as a helping professional, especially in these challenging times. My unique position as a therapist with twenty+ years of clinical experience in the DC area and as founder of DCTherapistConnect, allows me to meet you wherever you are on your path as a clinician. Therapists contact me for support, counseling and professional guidance. Counseling and coaching can be customized based on your specific needs. Services are provided in a variety of ways via video, phone, email or text.
Below are some of the ways I can help you:
- being with and managing our own anxiety, depression and intense feelings as we help others
- processing and working through life events while working or beginning to work as a therapist
- assessing where to put energy and interest when starting out as a new therapist
- balancing work and family at all stages of career
- self-care and self-compassion throughout the life and work cycle
- new mom/dad and parenting support and counseling
- couple counseling
Contact me to discuss your needs. If I am not the right fit for you I am happy to make referrals to other therapists in the DC, MD, VA area.
- client growth strategies
- social media savvy
- practice management skills
- editing and writing expertise
- launching or re-launching a practice in the DC area
- building a collaborative practice
- transitioning practice focus to a new area of expertise
- returning from maternity leave or sabbatical, retirement and succession planning
Typical coaching engagements take place over the span of several months and are customized based on the unique needs of each client. Support is provided in a variety of ways such as in-person and video conference meetings, phone consultations and email or text check-ins.
“Jen has been such a valuable resource and mentor for me as I have developed my practice. She has a keen talent for asking the right questions to prompt forward progress at a comfortable, yet motivating pace. Jen knows how to tune in and nurture that inner strength, empowering professionals to challenge themselves and step into the next chapter of developing their practice with targeted positive energy. Jen is warm, down-to-earth, and you will feel her in your corner.” Emily Griffin
“Meeting Jen was just what I needed to figure out how to re-enter the working world, after taking several years off to be home full-time with my children. She is warm, kind and practical and I definitely left our meetings with knowledge and confidence that I hadn’t walked in with. Jen also helped me network with colleagues in the field and I am happy to say that I am in my third year of work with an employer with whom she connected me.” Kathy Voglmayr
Contact me to learn more about my counseling and coaching services.
*Note: Jen Kogan’s psychotherapy/counseling and coaching services are not clinical supervision (although referrals can be made to other therapists in the area who offer supervision as part of their work).