DC Therapist Connect: Are you a DC-area psychotherapist wanting to connect with others in your field, area or around shared interests? DCTherapistConnect (DCTC) is an active networking and resource hub. DCTC also offers referral source(s) for psychotherapists in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. We meet online through google groups, on Facebook and in-person for classes, networking, and clubs.
Many a clinician has referenced DCTC as where they found their first office, job, and of course, many dear friends and colleagues. The elements of collegial compassionate care mark the strong core values within DCTC. We don’t compete we connect and support. Another unique DCTC feature is that consist of we all professions who offer clinical mental health services. Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Counselors, Psychologists, Art Therapists and Psychiatrists. We learn from each other and offer our members warmth and acceptance.
Members of the DC Therapist Connect community enjoy access to the following:
- A digital community of colleagues for instant feedback, resource sharing and client referrals
- In-person members-only networking gatherings across the region
- A platform to share writings, research findings, case studies and other related content
- Workshops facilitated by members and other experts on psychotherapy, the business side of private practice, blogging basics and more
- Private practice coaching services
- A private Facebook page so members can connect in more than one way.
History: DC Therapist Connect (then known as DCTherapistMoms) was launched in 2008 by Washington, DC based clinical social worker Jen Kogan. Inspiration for the group came during Jen’s search for a community of support while balancing the everyday demands of parenting while nurturing her private practice.
For more information/to join DCTC:
Please contact Jennifer Kogan, MSW, LICSW at JKogan@JenniferKogan.com for more information about DC Therapist Connect.