DCTherapistConnect (then known as DCTherapistMoms) was launched in 2008 by Washington, DC based clinical social worker Jen Kogan. Inspiration for the group came during Jen’s search for a community of support while balancing the everyday demands of parenting while nurturing her private practice. Today, DCTherapistConnect is a private networking hub, resource clearinghouse and referral source for psychotherapists in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Members of the DCTherapistConnect community enjoy access to the following:
- A digital community of colleagues for instant feedback, resource sharing and client referrals
- In-person members-only networking gatherings across the region
- A platform to share writings, research findings, case studies and other related content
- Workshops facilitated by members and other experts on psychotherapy, the business side of private practice, blogging basics and more
- Private practice coaching services
- A private Facebook page so members can connect in more than one way.
Please contact Willa Day Morris, MSW, LICSW at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about DCTherapistConnect.